Sunday, October 2, 2011

One Stormy Morning

The grounds were soaking wet, trees were swaying high and low as the wind howled, wailed concomitantly with the heavy downpour across the region. It's not the best time of the year because typhoons occur and will last until the month of November. So much crops and produce are wasted, desolated by intense storms and extreme weather conditions.

Startled by the call of my son one stormy morning in the garden, quickly I rushed to him to find out what was it all about. Unexpectedly, there in the garden, we found  litter of tiny baby hamsters, so pink and bald in Koko's bedding box! She was pregnant after all. Shocked and excited at the sight of the little cute creatures, capturing the moment was the next thing I did. I thought there were only two of them but Koko had four in all. Hang on, little friends, mommy Koko's gonna protect you from this monster storm...Congratulations, Koko! Say cheese...





I have no plans of breeding hamsters so I guess I'll leave that to my son with his guinea pigs and african love birds aside from his other pets I mentioned from my previous post.

Despite the stormy weather, my little garden never fails to give me simple joys I will keep. Thank you, garden.

3 comments:

ANGEL said...

cute hamster! :) happy gardening!
-angel

Autumn Belle said...

Congratulations on the arrival of the little ones! I'm sure your son is overjoyed. Your bird nest fern look very healthy and lovely.

mariernrocks said...

@ angel: thanks, angel, they're adorable! enjoy your gardening, too! :-)

@ autmnbelle: Thanks, autumnbelle, indeed we got really excited! Thanks for appreciating the bird's nest...
:-)

These Hands