Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Fukien Tea Ball

Good thing I was able to plant new fukien tea balls in my garden a couple of days ago or else typhoon  Falcon would not allow me to tend my garden have I waited for this weekend to come. I had uprooted several old mayanas in exchange for fukien tea balls and I'm quite satisfied with it. Honestly, I had no idea what the name of that plant was until I asked manong where I bought several of them. Knowing how to maintain Fukien tea balls is basically an advantage so one can keep its rounded form. So it's called a Fukien Tea Ball, apparently it resembles a dragon tea ball used during Chinese New Year that's why it's called as such.  



I left some empty spaces along those fukien tea balls as I'm still figuring out what plants are best beside them. I decided to retain some mayanas so there would be variations in colors.



Perhaps growing a Mother-in-law's tongue or devil's tongue, also known as Sansevieria with its elongated leaves bearing yellow and green stripes would be suitable enough in contrast to the shapes of fukien tea balls. Benefits of Sansevieria are believed to have pollution-buster effects so I make it a point to have at least a couple of them in pots anywhere in the yard. The latter tend to grow by division so propagating them is not a problem although they tend to grow faster than other plants.


The only thing is that I just hope there would be no more headlong rains, understandably it's rainy season. Advantages are: tipid sa sa tubig pandilig, tipid sa aircon. Disadvantages are: floods, landslides, suspension of classes, possible power interruptions.

No comments:

These Hands