Wednesday, June 29, 2011

After the Rain

After a long week of downpour, I am keen on finding out how the backyard plants are doing. Weather seems to be normally humid so I guess no need to worry about the soil getting too soggy. I just finished practicing yoga this morning and based from my schedule I'm supposed to start the day by either tending the garden or by doing yoga at regular intervals. Waking up 45 minutes earlier made a difference from my routine because after doing yoga, I finally chanced upon attending, nurturing the plants I bought a week ago.

Violet red crotons



Crotons are best as indoor plants but with the right amount of sunlight. Based from my experience, I had to be very careful in handling the newly bought plants upon transferring them from their original container to the ground. Sometimes, newly planted ones have sensitive roots. I had to check for the right location and made sure exposure to direct sunlight should be minimal. Consider also if it is a morning sunlight or afternoon sunlight. In my case, almost all my backyard plants thrive well in morning sunlight.

                                       

This kind of croton is popularly called "balunan" which means intestines because it resembles that of a chicken's intestines. They come in several colors such as yellow, orange and red. I rarely find yellow or orange ones as I would love to have them in my garden.

No comments:

These Hands